presented by Yamaha Canada and Twigg Musique
>> THE 2020 CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS CLOSED. THE COMPETITION TAKES A BREAK FOR THE 2022 EDITION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND WATCH FOR THE CALL FOR THE NEXT EDITION! <<
DISCOVER THE FINALIST TRAININGS OF FEBRUARY 8, 2020
JPL VICTO JAZZ IS ALSO A COMPETITION!
WHO IS THE COMPETITION FOR?
- Jazz bands of ten musicians or less.
- Musicians must be Canadian citizens and reside in Quebec.
- The status of artist or band in the process of professionalization is determined according to age as of November 30, 2019, i.e. between 18 and 35 years of age maximum.
- Candidates may already have recordings to their credit but must not be under contract with an agency or any other production company. Bands that have already been selected to participate in the JPL Victo Jazz may reapply provided they have new material to present.
- The 5 bands selected to perform during the competition must be available all day Saturday, February 8, 2020.
- They must respect the technical specifications made available to them.
- Jazz-style music is an essential criterion to be respected. But songs with influences from other styles, such as blues, funk, Latin or pop music are also accepted.
- Original compositions, as well as existing but revisited works, are accepted.
- A jury of jazz and performance distribution professionals will analyse the applications.
- This jury will then select the winning band following the various performances that will take place in front of an audience during the festival.
- The winning band will stand out for its originality, compositions, sense of improvisation, presence on stage, musical arrangements and relationship with the audience
- Any application received after the deadline of Saturday, November 30, 2019, at 4 pm will not be considered eligible.
PRIZES FOR WINNING BANDS
- NEW: this year, the public will be invited to vote for their favourite! A $500 grant will be offered to the winner.
- The winner will receive $2,000 in grants, including a $1,000 grant offered by our partner Yamaha Canada.
- Additionally, the jury's choice will get personalized coaching in the form of mentoring, provided by the Director of the Agence d'artistes et de concerts Danielle Lefebvre. The group will benefit from coaching to start market development (approximate value $1,000).
- In addition to being added to the activities planned for Carré 150’s program in 2020-2021, the winning group will benefit from additional distribution opportunities with Diffusion Momentum’s partners.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORM
- Bands wishing to participate must have completed the form found below BEFORE NOVEMBER 30, 2019, and have attached the following documents:
- An artistic resume (band portfolio)
- A high-resolution photo of the band (584 pixels x 423 pixels minimum)
- One or more audio or video excerpts of 15 to 20 minutes from one of their shows (if your excerpt is only available on the web, indicate the URL address in the registration form.)
- A 50-word description of the show to be used to promote it in communications tools
COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORM (in french only)
STEP 2: PAY REGISTRATION FEES (it is also possible to pay directly in the form)
- To be admissible, candidate bands will also have to pay the applicable registration fees:
- $100 for bands of 4 musicians or less
- $150 for bands of 5 or more musicians
Il est t is possible to pay the fees directly via a link provided in the form or by clicking below. Please note that a $4 fee for online sales is applicable. However, you can pay these fees by calling (819) 752-9912 or by visiting the ticket office located at 150 rue Notre-Dame Street Est in Victoriaville.
> GOOD LUCK TO ALL PARTICIPATING BANDS!
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FOLLOWING PARTNERS FOR THEIR SUPPORT FOR THE COMPETITION COMPONENT
>> THE 2020 CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND WATCH FOR THE CALL FOR THE 2021 COMPETITION <<<